Murfreesboro Felony Lawyer
Have You Been Charged with a Felony in Murfreesboro?
A felony is any crime that carries a sentence of at least one year in prison. In Tennessee, felonies are designated into five classes: Class A, B, C, D and E, with Class A being the most severe and Class E the least. If you have been charged with a felony in Murfreesboro, you are going to need legal counsel, and the sooner you seek it, the better. Thomas Parkerson, Attorney at Law, is a former Assistant District Attorney and has prosecuted thousands of cases, including all classes of felony offenses.
Felonies and their penalties in the State of Tennessee:
- Class A felonies are the most severe. They include crimes that are punishable by death or life imprisonment, or a minimum of 15 years in jail and a fine of up to $50,000. Aggravated rape and murder in the first degree are both Class A felonies.
- Class B felonies are punishable with an 8-to-30-year jail term and fines of up to $25,000. Possession of cocaine and theft of $60,000 or more are Class B felonies.
- Class C felonies include white collar crimes and fraud. A prison term of 3 to 15 years and a fine of up to $10,000 are the punishments for Class C felonies.
- Class D felonies can receive a punishment of 2 to 12 years in prison and a fine of up to $5,000. Charges of aggravated assault and possession of 10 to 70 pounds of marijuana are considered Class D felonies in Tennessee.
- Class E felonies are punishable by 1 to 6 years in prison and a fine of up to $3,000. These crimes include stealing more than $500, but less than $1,000.
Contact an Attorney with Experience
If you have been charged with a felony in Murfreesboro, it is imperative that you seek legal counsel. Our lawyers are zealous advocates and are known for our successes at trial. We have experience defending all types of felonies and can craft a strategic defense case that is geared to establish (beyond a reasonable doubt) that you are innocent and to have your charges reduced, or in cases in which serious errors exist, seek to have the charges dismissed. From the initial consultation to trial, he will provide you with the utmost quality and compassion.
Contact us todayfor a case evaluation.