Murfreesboro Drug Crime Attorney
Representation in Possession, Distribution, Trafficking, and Manufacturing Cases
Have you been charged with a drug crime? Whether you have been arrested for simple possession of marijuana or more serious drug offenses, it is important that you seek professional legal representation before the prosecution gains an advantage. Our Murfreesboro drug crimes lawyers at Parkerson Santel Garner, PLLC , who are led by a former Assistant District Attorney General, can assist you.
Why should you choose our law firm? Consider some of our accolades:
- “Superb” Avvo Ratings (Attorneys Parkerson & Santel)
- Super Lawyers® selection (Attorney Santel)
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers – The National Trial Lawyers (Attorney Parkerson)
- Thousands of cases handled and numerous taken to trial
Different Forms of Drug Crimes
Any sort of controlled dangerous substance (CDS) in almost any amount can constitute a drug crime in Tennessee. Common examples of a CDS are cocaine, marijuana, heroin, methamphetamines, and ecstasy. Over-the-counter medications and prescription drugs can also trigger drug crime charges if there is evidence that they have been abused, misused, or illegally handled in anyway.
Some of the most common drug crime charges include:
- Possession: You may not have an illegal narcotic on your person, within your property, or directly under your control.
- Distribution: Moving an illegal drug from one location or party to another, even if it does not involve a direct sale or profit, is a criminal violation.
- Trafficking: A high-scale form of distribution, drug trafficking involves detailed organization and preparation to move or sell a great quantity of drugs. This is widely considered the most serious of all drug charges.
- Manufacturing: Without the appropriate licenses, permits, and equipment, manufacturing a drug of any sort is strictly illegal. When the drug is naturally occurring, manufacturing is called cultivating.
If you are convicted of a drug crime, the penalties you face will depend on the facts of your case, including the amount and type of drugs involved, why you apparently had the drugs, any other crimes connected with the offense, and any prior drug crime convictions. Sentencing may carry the possibility of jail or prison sentences in excess of several years, thousands of dollars in fines, probation, and community service.
Get Legal Help from Our Murfreesboro Drug Crimes Attorneys
In the face of any criminal charges, it is in your best interests to engage the services of a criminal defense attorney with the knowhow and skills to construct a strong, unwavering defense. Your selection of legal guidance may be what makes or breaks your chances of reducing your charges, having them dropped, or winning a not guilty verdict. By contacting our team, you will be taking a crucial step in fighting the charges against you and minimizing the negative consequences they can bring.
Facing drug charges? Contact our Murfreesboro drug crimes lawyers now.
Your Skilled Advocates Before a Judge & JuryOver 60 Years of Combined Experience on Your Side
Why Should You Hire Us?See the Difference With Our Service
Results Driven & Committed to
Quick Communication & Professional Experience
We Highly Value Building Client Relationships
Thomas Parkerson & Tommy Santel are Former Prosecutors