Anyone going through a divorce will tell you it is a complicated, expensive, and often argumentative process. Many people look back on their divorce and regret wasting all of their time and money on the traditional divorce progression that involves litigation, courts, etc. However, many people are not aware there is a far easier, faster, and friendlier alternative than aforementioned--mediation.
The following are some of the top benefits of mediation, including but not limited to:
- Shorter process – Mediation can be scheduled, as opposed to traditional divorce, which is at the mercy of the courts and their scheduling. Most people are surprised to learn that mediation can be completed in one day.
- Less contentious – Mediation serves to benefit both parties, and it leaves little room for argumentation. With the help of a top-rated mediator, both parties will be prevented from veering off track and fighting. Instead, you will be able to focus on the important parts of your divorce, reducing the contentiousness of the entire process.
- Confidential – You can negotiate freely, without fear of doing so in front of a court. This allows you and your ex-spouse to be more honest with each other about what you really want, without fear of judgement.
- Controlled – When you leave your fate in the hands of a judge, you are expected to take anything you are given. With mediation, you are capable of taking charge of the entire process, so you aren’t stuck with a finalized settlement that does you a disservice. If you reach stalemate, you can end mediation at any time.
- Reduced costs – Perhaps the most appealing aspect of mediation is the fact that it is a fraction of the costs of litigation.
Contact Our Murfreesboro Mediation Attorneys Today
Our firm, Parkerson Santel, PLLC, is comprised of dedicated and skilled Murfreesboro mediation lawyers who are committed to finding you a realistic and positive solution to even the worst of divorce cases. We understand this is likely one of the most emotional and difficult times of your life, which is why we want to be your trusted advocate throughout this process. Don’t face your divorce on your own--allow our legal team to be your strongest allies.
Interested in scheduling an initial consultation with a member of our firm? Contact us at your earliest convenience by calling (615) 965-2331.